Friday, July 16, 2010

Bridal Shower Gift!

I am EXTREMELY excited to be a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's weddings.  I have known the couple since they first started dating and it's been amazing to watch them grow as a couple!

Tonight is the first of many bridal showers.  My gift wasn't anything big because I plan on doing a lot of little things for her.  This was my first "big" project using Modge Podge and had a lot of issues with the Modge Podge bubbling up.

Supplies:
Tiles (I got 4 of them from Lowes for $1.54 all together!)
Coordinating Scrapbook Paper (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for 30 cents apiece)
Modge Podge
Felt (for the bottom so it doesn't scratch up the table




 A close-up of the patterned paper I used.  The colors look a little off because of my camera.








 1. Clean off your tiles to get off all the dust.  My tiles were about 4x4.













 2. Cut the letter or shape for your coasters.  I chose an "M" for the soon-to-be married couple (last name of course :)  I used Plantin Schoolbook on my cricket.  It was the "Tallball" cut at I believe 3 1/4 inches.






 3. I applied one layer of Modge Podge to the tiles and let it dry.  Then I attached the paper.  The picture is me using a gift card to smooth out the creases and bubbles.  (Yes it is a Christmas gift card...I told you I loved Christmas!  Don't judge!!)










The finished product!!  I didn't measure to center the "M"'s which I probably should have done, but I still really like the way it turned out!!
AND THAT'S IT!  I am definitely excited that ths project is SO easy.  I'll definitely make more in the years to come!



The tag I made to attach to the gift.  The plan is to tie the coasters together with raffa.  I used "Joys of the Season for this tag and used the same paper that I used on the coasters.  Very excited!!  The bride-to-be's name is Mandy as well.

2 comments: