Thursday, June 17, 2010

School Calendar!

I am starting my first year teaching in August and I can't wait!  (Hence why I am making school stuff in June : )  


I received my Cricut for Christmas this last year (Thanks Mom and Dad!!) and have been DYING to start my first big project.  I chose to do a homemade calendar for my classroom.  I will be laminating all the pieces so I can reuse them every year.  The PLAN is to make a calendar grid using vinyl and magnets on all the pieces.  

I hope to post some more pictures once I get more pieces done, but here is a little taste of what I've done so far :)  I used the Designer Calendar cartridge (which I got on Ebay for $20!!)

I have been WAITING for paper to go on sale at Hobby Lobby because I've had my eye on the Paper Studios "All Seasons" pack.  This Saturday, my mom and I decided to randomly stop there and paper was 40% off!!  So I picked up some multi-colored card stock as well. : )











November kinda blends into the table here :)  I really like December and January.  Maybe because I'm a Christmas FREAK!







I also like March.  The Cricut does amazing things :)  I showed my boyfriend while I was cutting one of the months and he was shocked that the machine did all that!







I hope to add more pictures as I finish the different parts!  I hope to add little details to every month.  (Shamrocks for March, Schoolbooks for August, etc...)

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered Designer's Calendar on ebay and I'm waiting on it to come in. There's so many cute things on the cartridge.

    ReplyDelete